Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fuel injection is my friend.


I like technology, old, new, borrowed, Recycled?

last winter I purchased an older edelbrock proflo , however I am just now learning about its performance..

I was abit skeptical, having bought used performance parts before, this was akin to playing roulette.. but anytime someone has a uesd proflow for 250.00 you better buy it.. OR I will.


although it looks like its paying off.. , my biggest fears have been realized..

I had to call Edelbrock TECH support..... TWICE..

and both times.. the conversations were under 5 minutes..

my first call was to find out that I had the wrong CHIP in the unit.. (apparently the proflo's previous owner wasnt running a lunati 3/4 race cam)

during my second call.. I found out that I was missing the mark on my fuel delivery MAP adjustments. but now thats cured.. and all is well..

as a result.. the car tears off the line, pulls hard through the gears and cruises at 70MPH at about 1900 rpm..

its working so well.. that I am abit scarred of hurting the rear axle..

No comments: